Tuesday, March 15, 2016

2013 Campesino Cellars Baybos Sonoma Valley



Those trademark hands on the label mean a bottle of Campesino Cellars is open in the house. Always a staple in my cellar and one of my favorite labels, I look forward to my release emails to see what exciting wines Macario has created. I've told you before make sure you sign up for the mailing list to ensure you do not miss these wines. Handcrafted small lot wines with minimal intervention allow the fruit and vineyard to showcase their beauty. With each varietal and vintage you the wine lover will appreciate the quality of Macario and Griselda's label, and your palate will beg you to drink more.

Tonight's wine was the 2013 Baybos, a blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre. The wine was aged 20 months in 30% new oak and 70% neutral oak barrels. Aromas of dark jammy fruit with peppery spice followed by floral and earthy tones.You can smell the vineyard with every swirl. A blended masterpiece in aromatics.

The mouth is luscious with silky berry preserves balanced with herbs, baking spice, licorice and concludes with an earthy character. Love the long soft finish on this medium bodied wine. I paired with my famous bbq baby back ribs and the combination was a slam dunk. Naturally I sipped prior to dinner as well so feel free to drink by itself (the bottle lasted not nearly long enough). A steal for $32! A perfect blend Macario.

Wine friends support small local producers in your area! Some of the finest wines made come from these "hands."

Cheers
Dan





No comments: