Friday, September 5, 2014

2011 Seven Of Hearts Gran Moraine Chardonnay


I finally broke out my last cellar selection of Seven Of Hearts Chardonnay and happens to be my signed bottle when Byron and Dana stopped by for a visit at First Avenue Wine House We poured this wine while relaxing on the back porch and both my wife and daughter are now fans of Byron's Chardonnay. She who I must obey has requested more bottles on hand. Great price point range $25-$29.

The nose is absolutely beautiful opening with a warm apple and cinnamon aroma. The next layer gives the wine a scent of the tropics with pineapple and peaches. Faint hint of sweet vanilla. So inviting to the nose. This is my 3rd bottle of this wine and it really improves each time.

The mouth is full of ripe crisp apple, pear and fresh sliced peaches. Excellent ripe fruit with a kiss of cinnamon spice. Allow the wine to warm a touch and the peach becomes dominant. Well balanced with the perfect amount of acidity. Pouring really well Byron!

I highly recommend all of the Seven of Hearts portfolio of wines and hope that when you are in Oregon you stop by the tasting room 217 West Main St Carlton OR. You will hear the passion Byron has for making wine and his philosophy. I could listen to him for hours and sip his wines everyday.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: