Friday, January 13, 2012

2007 Bonneau Los Carneros Hyde Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon On Cellars of Sonoma


Scott's choice of wine for the evening's virtual taste from Bonneau was both silky and elegant. Special guest John Bambury, Vintner always treats the viewers to 60 fun packed minutes of wine knowledge. Toss in my buddy Dezel Quillen fellow wine blogger from Va and its a party!

I opened the wine 2 1/2 hours prior to tasting on the advice of Mr. Jordan plus ran it through an aerator. Really nice ripe fruit starting with blackberry and raspberry. As the wine opened, plum with hints of vanilla, baking spice and violet notes. The aromas were elegant and complemented each other perfectly.

Awesome flavor. Blackberry with hints of plum and spice dominate the begining of the taste. In the middle juicy raspberry carries long into the silky soft finish. I paired the wine with a big cheeseburger and enjoyed by itself. No doubt this may be the perfect cabernet.

Scott and John you blew me away with the selection. Special treat to drink this wine and I enjoyed every drop. My compliments and many thank you's. Andrew, Kevin and Dezel always a great time on TV Tuesday. Folks click the link TV Tuesday Broadcast and watch each week at 6pm pacific. I know you will enjoy the show.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: