Wednesday, March 17, 2010

2007 O'Reilly's Pinot Noir Owen Roe Oregon

What a great way to spend St Patricks Day and Wine Wednesday sharing a bottle of O'Reilly's 2007 Pinot Noir Oregon courtesy of the Owen Roe Winery and wine maker David O'Reilly. My friend Brooke and I have been trying to hook up for damn near a year to enjoy this one. While at a tasting at First Ave Wine House in Cedar Rapids you probably read earlier, I had the pleasure of meeting the winemaker David O'Reilly and having him sign this bottle. Winemakers are great folks, polite and willing to talk wine with you and answer any of your questions. Plus they make darn good grape juice.

Poured into the glass you could really grasp the cherry and raspberry followed by a hint of spice. Maybe a touch of oak but really not much there. By this time old Brooke was ready to taste.

Ripe cherry as the wine warmed to room temp (I stored at 55*) followed by the raspberry and a quick spice finish. Short and to the point but very smooth. Not much oak in smell or taste which to me allowed the fruit to explode with flavor. I'm sorry I don't have more of this on hand but I'll be picking up more . We could have used a couple more glasses :)Was nicely priced at $14.99. Kudo's Mr O'Reilly from one Pinot fan to another.

Always remember to share a great bottle of wine with a friend.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: